Assignment: Basics Worksheet
Assignment: Basics Worksheet
Starting with the Basics Worksheet
Log on to the Class Home page. Explore the resources available on the site and use them to answer the following questions.
Submit this worksheet according to your facilitator’s instructions.
- What are six resources available for study in the Center for Mathematics Excellence? (Click on Library > Center for Mathematics Excellence >Building Math Confidence).
- Which two reviewing services are available to students through the Center for Writing Excellence?
- Which five Live Labs offer assistance with writing (Hint: Click on Library > Center for Writing Excellence >View Live Services>Live Labs)?
- Which formatting tool does University of Phoenix offer you to create a document consistent with APA guidelines?
- Which resources in the “Tutorials & Guides” section of the Center for Writing Excellence offers tips about how to format using APA style according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.)?
- Use the following information to correctly build a reference consistent with APA guidelines:
- Book title: Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide to Billing and Reimbursement
- Edition: 9th
- Authors: Michelle A. Green and JoAnn C. Rowell
- City of publication: Clifton Park
- State of publication: New York
- Name of the publisher: Delmar Cengage Learning
- Year the book was published: 2008
- Reference any book you have available. Use proper APA formatting to reference your book. Examples and help are found in the Library tab under Useful Links on the right side.
- What are the five icon headings available in the “Grammar and Writing Guides” section of the Center for Writing Excellence?
- Locate the definitions of active and passive voice using the Writing Style resources in the Grammar and Writing Guide. Select which of the following sentence is written in the active voice and which is written in passive voice.
- Some of the content of this document was previously submitted by Mary.
- Mary previously submitted some of the content of this document.
- Define plagiarism in your own words. Explain the difference between summarizing, paraphrasing, and plagiarizing. Use the Plagiarism resources in the Grammar and Writing Guides to assist you with. How will you avoid plagiarism in your college work? Explain your answers in at least 50 words.
- Add the correct punctuation to the following sentences:
- Karen is a knowledgeable intelligent person
- Roger left the bookstore he met the Learning Team at the coffee shop.
- What are the two General Resources found in the University Library?
- Where is the University Library Handbook located, and what is its last copyright date?
- List the six mandatory fields needed to complete when asking a question of the University Library librarian.
- How do you access your reading assignments for this course from the new classroom?
- How would you respond to a posted question in the online classroom?
- What six documents are contained in the Toolkit Essentials section of the Learning Team Toolkit found in the University Library?
- After reading the “Decision/Conflict Resolution” section of the Learning Team Toolkit, how would you attempt to resolve a conflict within your team when opposing viewpoints exist? Explain your answer in 50 to 100 words.
- What is the phone number for University of Phoenix technical support? Hint. Use the links at the bottom of the Home page > Contact Us
- Where on eCampus would you go to change your personal contact information? Hint. Use a tab at the top of the page.
- On your student homepage, locate and click the Schedule and Grades link (left side of the page under Quick Links). List your last class and how many credits it is worth.